Medicare Open Enrollment: October 15 to December 7
All Medicare Beneficiaries Should Review Their Coverage
Every year, Medicare beneficiaries have an opportunity to review their existing coverage, compare options and make necessary changes. Why?
- Cost – Be aware of changes in premiums, deductibles, co-pays and prescription drug prices
- Coverage – Will your preferred doctors and hospitals accept your insurance next year? Are all of your medications covered in 2018?
- Suitability – As your healthcare needs change, you should determine whether your existing plan is still the most suitable, or if there is a need to increase or decrease your benefits
By having the most cost-effective health and/or drug insurance plan, you could save hundreds of dollars per year, gain additional benefits, and even expand your health provider selection. Know your options.
What can you do during the Medicare Open Enrollment Period?
- Change from Original Medicare (Part A&B Only) to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely
Open Enrollment Period: Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)
October 1 – October 15: You can start researching and comparing options.
October 15 – December 7: You can make changes to your Medicare health plan for 2018.
January 1: Changes made during the Open Enrollment Period will go into effect.
We want to help you!
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period. We want to help you understand your options and find the right plan for your needs and budget. There is no additional cost for our services. In just one phone call, you’ll get professional guidance and recommendations for the right plan for you.